In the shop
- Chrysanthemums can be stored in the cold store at 2 to 5°C. However, make sure that the flowers cannot get damp due to excessive humidity or from condensation on the cellophane.
- Do not leave chrysanthemums in the box too long. After buying place them in fresh water in a clean vase or bucket. Make sure there are no leaves hanging in the water.
- Possibly add some cut flower food.
Care tips for customers
- In order to enjoy your flowers for a long time, you need a clean vase and fresh tepid water.
- Trim the stem diagonally to the desired length. The rule is: the more diagonally you trim the stem, the better the flower is able to ‘drink’.
- Make sure there are no leaves hanging in the water.
- When the water starts to become cloudy, it’s best to replace it. Possibly trim a bit more off the stem.
- Just like other flowers, chrysanthemums do not like direct sunlight or draughts.